Cost & Aid
US MFA in Screenwriting, 2020-21
This two-year low-residency online program features two required 10-day onsite residencies each year. The tuition listed here is for one year (two semesters) and includes the cost of housing and meals for the residencies at no extra charge.
|Annual Cost of Attendance and Typical Financial Aid|
|Federal student loans||–$19,560|
|Optional: additional low-interest federal loans||-$14,000|
- Personal Expenses and Travel $14,000 in optional federal student loans may be available to those who qualify for personal living expenses and travel to the residencies. This type of loan requires an endorser if there is adverse credit.
- Required Residencies Two residencies per year onsite at our Fairfield campus are required. Students are responsible for travel but the cost of housing and meals is covered by the tuition.
- Optional Residency There is one optional residency in Los Angeles at the end of the program. Students are responsible for all costs.
- Education Tax Incentives are available as money-saving tax benefits to assist in reducing your cost of education. More about education tax benefits
- Veterans should contact the VA for information on Veterans Education Benefits. MIU is a Yellow Ribbon school. Our Veterans Certifying Official is our Director of Financial Aid.
The repayment choices on federal student loans include the following: