America’s only accredited bachelor’s specialization in Life & Wellness Coaching
- Graduate with a BA degree, MIU Life Coaching certification, and a deep understanding of how to bring balance to the body, mind, and emotions.
- Hone the fundamental skills of coaching to empower clients to make improvements in their lives and assist them through change
- Learn powerful Ayurveda wellness techniques to enhance health and happiness
- Create a business plan for your own coaching or wellness career
- Study online for maximum flexibility
- Federal grants and loans typically cover all or most costs for US students
Awaken your innermost Self
At the heart of this one-of-a-kind program is the understanding that each person is a unique individual.
We’ll teach you to identify a client’s unique mind-body constitution and apply techniques that are compassionate, motivating, and specific to each person to promote change.
Our mission is to help you awaken your innermost self so that you can guide others in the same process of self-realization.
Cultivate a balanced approach to life coaching
As a graduate of this program, you’ll take with you a deep understanding and personal mastery of:
- Fundamental coaching skills, including active listening, mirroring, motivating, being self-aware, and providing feedback and suggestions.
- Principles of healthy living, as described in Maharishi AyurVeda and other contemporary disciplines of health and wellness (e.g., positive psychology, diet and nutrition, and health-related fitness).
- Business planning, such as documenting client intake, progress, and outcomes, keeping financial records, managing a schedule, and developing a network of connections to the local community.
- Applying the principles of healthy & effective living to your own life to develop radiant health and expanded self-awareness that will serve as a strong foundation for life and wellness coaching.
Help create a better world
Widespread change begins within each individual, so the work of a life coach is impactful not only for their clients but for their community and the world.
In this program, you’ll learn to help people enact lasting change and achieve goals, as well as instill self-confidence, develop intrinsic motivation, boost self-esteem, and even help to build a foundation of trust in oneself and others.
We teach the Maharishi AyurVedaSM health system – the modern, scientific revival of complete Ayurveda. Maharishi AyurVeda includes balancing the deepest value of mind – consciousness, which is the basis of balancing the body. It incorporates all aspects of mind, body, behavior, and environment in a scientific framework.
Online and easy for transfer students
If you transfer in 60+ credits, this degree will only require you to earn 69 additional credits, which can be completed in four semesters. (Inquire with an admissions counselor to learn the exact number of credits needed to graduate.)
This online program allows for maximum flexibility – live and learn wherever suits you best!
Transcendental Meditation & Consciousness-Based Education
Self-knowledge is at the heart of the Consciousness-Based educationSM provided by MIU. Discover how to directly experience your innermost nature through practice of the Transcendental Meditation® technique, so you can easily connect what you learn to your own life.
The TM technique is an especially powerful tool for life coaching and wellness. Evidence-based benefits include clearer thinking, greater happiness, reduced stress, improved health, and increased motivation.