Deepest knowledge, fieldwork, and proven programs for 12 areas of society
In this program:
- Study 12 areas of national life in light of the Science of Consciousness, and a wide range of Consciousness-Based applied programs for solving the problems and attaining the highest goals of these areas.
- This body of applied knowledge was brought to light by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the most ancient tradition of the full development of human consciousness; and has been verified by over 700 scientific studies in the last 50 years.
- Specialize in the Consciousness-Based programs of one of these 12 areas through fieldwork with an experienced expert:
- Music and Arts
- Religion and Culture
- Political Science
- (No previous training in these areas is required)
- Develop your own unique talents to help lead the transformation of the world towards happiness, health, and progress
- Grow rapidly toward enlightenment through the twice-daily practice of advanced technologies of consciousness
- Enhance this growth through the structure of the courses, their content, and the unique teaching methods
- Enjoy dynamic interactive classes
- Prepare for a leadership position working with Consciousness-Based programs in your country or internationally
What is enlightenment?
Enlightenment refers to the highest level of neurophysiological human development.
The knowledge of higher consciousness from the ancient tradition of Yoga identifies many qualities of enlightenment, including exceptional creativity and effectiveness in action, and a spontaneous all-positive and helpful influence on others and the whole society.
Growth toward this state results in ever-expanding inner happiness and bliss, profound inner peace, and the experience of oneness with everything and everyone.
This MA program includes study of enlightenment, and real growth toward this highest state through group practice of the Transcendental Meditation® and Transcendental Meditation Sidhi® (TM-Sidhi®) programs.
Hundreds of scientific studies on the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi programs have demonstrated growth of the qualities of enlightenment.
Growing enlightenment promotes ideal leadership
Based on these positive, more enlightened characteristics of mind and body, one naturally leads others with increasing creativity, wisdom, and compassion. Whether we are in a position of authority or not, we lead others by example.
This level of leadership creates a powerful influence for a problem-free, harmonious, progressive, and peaceful society.
Fieldwork that develops leadership
This MA offers training and fieldwork that develop leadership, using the Consciousness-Based programs most effective for helping fulfill the goals and solve the problems of the 12 areas of national life. Students select one of these 12 areas for fieldwork.
The large-scale application of Consciousness-Based programs has been shown through many scientific studies to increase positive trends in society and reduce negative trends. (Please see examples of scientific research throughout this site.)
Science verifies growth of the qualities of successful leaders
Decades of scientific research show that the programs for enlightenment, the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi programs develop the qualities shown to characterize successful leaders in all fields, including—
- • Creativity • Intelligence • Positivity • Self-confidence
- • Flexibility • Rewarding interpersonal relationships
Large-scale application of Consciousness-Based programs has been shown through many scientific studies to increase positive trends in society and reduce negative trends.
The MA at a glance
1st Semester: Study of 12 basic areas of society, from their distinctive principles, to the deeper principles they all have in common, to the deepest reality of all disciplines — the field of pure consciousness, the student’s own Self.
More about the 1st semester
For example, one deeper principle found in all areas of study is that every discipline is structured in layers, with the deepest layers having the broadest application and explanatory power for that discipline.
A surface understanding of Education, for example, consists of the teacher giving facts and assignments to the student. A deeper understanding aims for education to expand the students’ creativity and intelligence so that they can learn any subject with greater mastery, and apply it with greater originality and success. The deepest level of education is achieved when the student’s awareness is established in pure consciousness, from where anything can be known and applied for the good of everyone.
Another example: A surface understanding of good Health is that it consists of no symptoms and effective treatment of disease through the use of medicine. A deeper understanding is that health includes culturing the innate intelligence of the body for prevention of disease, and increased resilience and responsibility for one’s own health. The deepest level of health consists of enlivening the total intelligence of the body through the experience of pure consciousness, for prevention of disease, and maximum physical and mental well-being.
The understanding and experience of the field of pure consciousness raise all 12 areas to their highest level of knowledge, and provide scientifically verifiable solutions to their challenges.
Pure consciousness is directly experienced through the Transcendental Meditation technique and applied through specific Consciousness-Based programs for each of the 12 areas.
2nd Semester: Students learn the proven, applied Consciousness-Based programs for solving the problems and achieving the goals in each of these areas.
Summer Session: Students select one of the 12 areas, going into greater depth.
3rd Semester: Students start 12 weeks of fieldwork with an expert, leading to a range of possible career paths, or conduct in-depth academic research. All students write and present a concluding thesis.
Examples of fieldwork possibilities:
- Education: Work with a team to implement the Transcendental Meditation technique in a school
- Health: Assist in a Maharishi AyurVeda® clinic, helping with treatment preparations, lectures, and workshops
- Communication: Assist in video recording and promoting courses; or website development
During all three semesters: Students participate twice a day in group practice of the Transcendental Meditation technique and its advanced program, the foundation of the master’s program. Development of enlightenment through these programs is the basis for the most rapid progress in all aspects of academic, personal, and professional life.