Entrance Requirements for the PhD in Management
The next cohort for a PhD in Management will be admitted in August 2021.
The following is projected for students entering the university in 2021-22 and is subject to change.
To enter the Doctor of Philosophy in Management program, a student must:
- Hold an MBA, master’s degree in a business-related field, or a master’s degree and substantial business-related work experience
- Have taken the GMAT or GRE exam and received an adequate score
- Have written a substantial research paper as evidence of academic writing.
The paper may have been submitted for required course assignments or as a thesis in the student’s master’s degree program. This should be a paper written by the student alone, not a project by a team of students. This writing sample may be accepted as a substitute for scores on GMAT or GRE.
- At least two years of professional work experience in a business is preferred.
English language verification
For students whose first language is not English: official English proficiency test scores within the past 2 years, unless you have earned a full-time, on-campus degree from Canada, Australia, the UK, or the US within the past 2 years. Students with scores below 6.5 on IELTS Academic, 90 on TOEFL iBT or 58 on PTE will be asked to take the test again or change their program to English as a Second Language.
Before your first class
All MIU students practice the Transcendental Meditation® technique. If you have not learned it yet:
- MIU has a special TM course fee of $190 for students.
- Most on-campus students are encouraged to learn the TM® technique before arrival on campus but have the option to learn upon arrival. Ask your admissions counselor for details.
- Online students are required to learn the TM technique before starting the first class at MIU. The full $190 TM course fee will be refunded by MIU at the time of enrollment.
- Contact your admissions counselor for details.
- Find information on the TM technique or search for a TM teacher at TM.org