Entrance Requirements for the PhD in Management
The next cohort for a PhD in Management will be admitted in August 2023.
The following is projected for students entering the university in 2021-22 and is subject to change.
To enter the Doctor of Philosophy in Management program, a student must:
- Hold an MBA, master’s degree in a business-related field, or a master’s degree and substantial business-related work experience
- Have taken the GMAT or GRE exam and received an adequate score
- Have written a substantial research paper as evidence of academic writing.
The paper may have been submitted for required course assignments or as a thesis in the student’s master’s degree program. This should be a paper written by the student alone, not a project by a team of students. This writing sample may be accepted as a substitute for scores on GMAT or GRE.
- At least two years of professional work experience in a business is preferred.
English language verification
International applicants must submit official English proficiency test scores within the past 2 years of at least 110 on Duolingo, 6.5 on IELTS Academic, 90 on TOEFL iBT or 58 on PTE.
Before your first class
All MIU students practice the Transcendental Meditation® technique. If you have not learned it yet:
- Once accepted as a US student, the cost of TM instruction is covered through a grant offered by MIU
- Students can either learn TM upon arrival or prior to enrolling
- Contact your admissions counselor for details
- Find information on the TM technique or search for a TM teacher at TM.org