Immerse yourself in integrative medicine and become a Maharishi AyurVeda Professional in our 3-year, part-time online program.
- Integrate Ayurvedic knowledge with modern health science
- Join the only accredited Master of Science in Ayurveda in the US
- Study online part-time with expert professors
- Visit campus each year for clinical training
- Engage with a supportive community of like-minded students
- Graduate as a Maharishi AyurVeda Professional
What is Ayurveda?
“Ayurvedic medicine (also called Ayurveda) is one of the world’s oldest medical systems. It originated in India and has evolved there over thousands of years. In the United States, Ayurvedic medicine is considered a complementary health approach.”
Is Ayurveda effective?
“Ayurveda can have positive effects when used as a complementary therapy in combination with standard, conventional medical care.”
An ancient system, reevaluated
You’ll study the Maharishi AyurVedaSM health system, which addresses the body, mind, and environment of an individual to help them become holistically healthy.
Our programs integrate natural techniques with modern medicine to take an integrated and balanced approach to wellness. You’ll study a variety of modalities, including:
- Herbal supplementation
- Ayurvedic pulse diagnosis
- Individualized dietary recommendations
- Individualized lifestyle modifications and more
Learn from home
Our three-year, part-time online MS has a flexible schedule and can be completed with about 8 to 9 hours of work per week. Some students may spend more time on the program, depending on their personal learning styles. You’ll learn without the strain typical of graduate degree programs.
Even though you’ll be studying online, you’ll enjoy connecting with a supportive community of students who share your passion for natural healthcare, as well as professors who are experts in the field.
Become a wellness professional
You’ll graduate as a Maharishi AyurVeda Professional, with real-world knowledge and training which enables you, upon satisfaction of the legal requirements in the state you wish to practice in, to provide health care through a natural yet scientific approach.
Our program has a minimum of 1,500 hours of classical Ayurvedic training and includes 150 client/patient encounters.
- MIU is a member of the Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (AAPNA). With additional training, MIU graduates will be eligible to register as an AAPNA Ayurveda Practitioner.
- MIU is a member of the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA) and satisfies NAMA’s curricular requirements. With additional training, MIU graduates will be eligible to apply for the NAMA Ayurveda Practitioner exam.
On-campus clinical training and orientation
Learning community committed to inner growth
During your studies, you’ll meet an online community of students from around the world who are deeply committed to wellness, positive values, and personal inner growth. You’ll participate in online discussions, exchanging experiences and points of view while developing new friendships.
In addition, our hands-on faculty will provide you with the one-on-one attention you need to absorb deep concepts and succeed in your studies.
TM – the technique for inner peace & wellness
As a student, you’ll learn the Transcendental Meditation technique. This evidence-based technique reduces stress, enhances clear thinking, and heightens creativity.
Get started by contacting Noreen
Noreen Dillman is this program’s admissions counselor for US students. Noreen will provide you with all the details of becoming a student, including connecting you with program faculty when you have questions. International students may connect with their admissions counselor through our contact form.