Join America’s only Master’s in Aromatherapy & Ayurveda Wellness
- Gain practical, hands-on experience and knowledge of the safe and scientific use of essential oils
- Learn Maharishi AyurVedaSM including pulse diagnosis to develop a personalized treatment plan for each client
- Receive federal financial aid covering full tuition & get up to $10,000/year in aid for your personal living costs (available to most US students)
- Study online part-time with expert professors, and meet monthly with renowned aromatherapists from all over the globe
- Option to take advanced professional training in the famous International Aromatherapy Center “Orto de Prouvènço” in France
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- Recognized by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA)
Elevate your approach to health & wellness
As a student in this program, you’ll gain a robust knowledge of the therapeutic properties and practical applications of essential oils.
You’ll also learn Maharishi Ayurveda to enhance health and wellness and bring balance to both mind and body.
This holistic program covers everything from studying the normal structure and function of the body (anatomy & physiology), the abnormalities in common diseases (pathophysiology), and the use of essential oils and Ayurveda (herbology, nutrition, and lifestyle changes) to bring balance to the physiology and alleviate the symptoms of disease and imbalance.
You will also learn about and practice essential oil blending, making lotions and creams, and other preparations using essential oils.
Set yourself apart from other aromatherapists
While essential oils have known properties and effects, people have endlessly complex and unique physiologies. This program includes instruction in ayurvedic pulse diagnosis, which will allow you to develop highly personalized treatment plans based on each client’s physiology.
You’ll learn to physically feel and identify imbalances within a client’s physiology. Pulse diagnosis also enables you to get direct, objective, and swift feedback about an individual’s responses to each treatment.
Integrate Maharishi Ayurveda with modern health science
Our tools to develop personalized essential oil recommendations come from the Maharishi AyurVeda health system, a holistic and scientifically-based system of alternative medicine. Ayurveda is the traditional system of medicine in India, and Maharishi AyurVeda is a modern scientific revival of this system. You’ll learn to identify the subtlest aspects of mind and body as a basis for essential oil recommendations.
Learn from home
Our three-year, part-time online MS has a flexible schedule and can be completed with about 8 to 9 hours of coursework per week. You’ll learn at a relaxed pace without the strain typical of graduate studies.
Small class sizes allow ample time for one-on-one attention from faculty who are certified by NAHA, and you’ll meet monthly with renowned aromatherapists from all over the globe during interactive webinars.
Become a wellness professional
You’ll graduate with the knowledge to develop an individualized treatment plan for a wide range of client needs. Work as an aromatherapist, or use aromatherapy to complement your practice as a health professional.
Receive hands-on professional training
For two weeks each year, you’ll participate in professional training that allows you to practice what you’ve learned with real clients.
- Year 1: Two weeks of professional training is online for all students
- Year 2: Option to travel to High Provence, France, for 8 days of in-residence training in the famous international aromatherapy center Orto de Prouvènço (instead of two weeks of online training)
- Year 3: US students have the option to work in person with clients at the Integrative Wellness Center on the MIU campus (instead of two weeks of online training)
Join a community committed to inner growth
During your studies, you’ll meet an online community of students from around the world who are deeply committed to wellness, positive values, and personal inner growth. You’ll participate in online discussions, exchanging experiences and points of view while developing new friendships.
All students at MIU are instructed in the Transcendental Meditation® (TM®) technique. Research has shown that the TM technique enhances creativity and learning ability, and reduces stress and anxiety.
In addition, our hands-on faculty will provide you with the attention you need to absorb deep concepts and succeed in your studies.
Get started by contacting Noreen
Noreen Dillman is this program’s admissions counselor for US students. Noreen will provide you with all the details of becoming a student, including connecting you with program faculty when you have questions. International students may connect with their admissions counselor through our contact form.