Entrance Requirements for the Online MBA in Sustainable Business
- Applicants must have a four-year undergraduate degree or the equivalent.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher, or GPA of 3.2 or higher in the final two years of college.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or GRE General Test is recommended but not required.
- Acceptance is based upon the quality of undergraduate performance, aptitude test scores, work experience, and other achievements.
Before enrolling for the first semester of the MBA, students should be familiar with principles of economics, from a prior college course or from reading a Principles of Economics textbook. Knowledge of college algebra is strongly recommended for acceptance into the program.
English language verification
For students whose first language is not English: official English proficiency test scores within the past 2 years of at least 6.5 on IELTS Academic, 90 on TOEFL iBT or 58 on PTE, unless you have earned a full-time, on-campus degree from Canada, Australia, the UK, or the US within the past 2 years.
International transcript equivalents considered
Our admissions counselors are familiar with the interpretation of transcripts based on grading systems from most nations. We will evaluate your marks and notify you if you qualify, and if you are required to take the GMAT.
Please note the following points:
- At least 16 years of education are required (15 years may be considered at the discretion of the University).
- Bachelor’s degree must be a 4-year degree (a 3-year degree may be considered at the discretion of Maharishi International University, particularly when the applicant has additional training or extensive work experience).
- Undergraduate Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 must be equivalent to “B” average in letter grade or higher, based on the USA grading system.
The Transcendental Meditation (TM) Technique
New students in this program are required to learn the TM technique within the first 6 weeks after enrollment. MIU has a special TM course fee of $190 for students enrolling in online degree programs. For information on the TM technique or finding a TM teacher, visit TM.org.