Paul J. Morehead
- Associate Dean of the College of Integrative Medicine
- Co-director, MS in Maharishi AyurVeda & Integrative Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Physiology and Health
Paul J. Morehead, PhD, is an educator and practitioner of Maharishi AyurVeda. He has been teaching Transcendental Meditation for 43 years and Maharishi AyurVeda for 28 years. Teaching these technologies for health and inner development, and seeing the immediate transformation in people’s lives, is his greatest fulfillment.
Dr. Morehead helped develop the undergraduate programs in physiology and health at MIU and taught many of the courses, including Self Pulse Reading, Maharishi Yoga Asanas, Diet Digestion and Nutrition, Prevention, Human Physiology and Veda in Human Physiology.
After completing his PhD in Physiology, Dr. Morehead began developing the MS in Maharishi AyurVeda in Integrative Medicine, working with founding MIU faculty and leading Ayurvedic physicians from India. This online Masters is the only accredited Master’s degree in Ayurveda in the US. Maharishi AyurVeda is a comprehensive system of natural medicine that incorporates mind, body, behavior and environment – the whole field of health. This groundbreaking MS is pioneering the integration of AyurVeda with integrative medicine, including modern medicine, Chinese Medicine, Osteopathy, Homeopathy and Chiropractic Medicine.
Dr. Morehead continues to teach Transcendental Meditation, which is the approach of Maharishi AyurVeda for the mind, and the foundation of this consciousness-based system of healthcare. Extensive research demonstrates the effectiveness of this approach in enlivening the inner intelligence of the body to promote health and longevity.
- Associate Dean, Maharishi College of Perfect Health; developing health education programs in Maharishi AyurVeda at MIU
- Director, Online MS in Maharishi AyurVeda and Integrative Medicine: Developing and teaching the MS courses in the online MS and our in-residence MD MS in our partner institutions in the Caribbean
- TM Teacher: Co-Chair of Evanston Transcendental Meditation Center, Evanston, Illinois
- Teaching Yoga Online: teaching Maharishi Yoga Asanas 16 lesson course online via Distance Education
- BA Maharishi Science of Creative Intelligence, Maharishi European Research University
- MA Maharishi Science of Creative Intelligence, Maharishi International University
- MS Physiology, Maharishi International University
- PhD Physiology & Health, Maharishi International University
- 2011 – Present M.S. in Maharishi AyurVeda & Integrative Medicine, Principle Curriculum Designer
- 1993 – Nidich, S. Morehead, P. et al. The Effect of the Maharishi Student Rasayana Food Supplement on Non-Verbal Intelligence. Personality and Individual Differences, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 599-602.
- 1992 – Maharishi AyurVeda Curriculum for Elementary and Secondary Education, Maharishi School of the Age of Enlightenment
- 1991 – Science of Creative Intelligence Curriculum for Elementary and Secondary Education, Maharishi School of the Age of Enlightenment