Higher States of Consciousness Course
Course Dates: Saturday, May 2, to Saturday, June 27 Catch up online! (Two lessons per week plus live Zoom discussions on Saturday mornings at 11:00 am CDT.) Every Sunday, two of Maharishi’s talks will be added onto the website for you to watch and review at your convenience during the week (and for up to three months.) The Saturday webinar that follows in that week will help address any and all questions you might have about the talks and course materials. This webinar will be recorded for those who are unable to attend.
Course Leaders: Videos are by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. Discussions will be led by Professor Gerry Geer.
Course Fee: $75 (Special pricing during this coronavirus time.)
Join Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Founder of the worldwide Transcendental Meditation organizations, on a fascinating journey of discovery of higher states of human potential.
In this beautiful 16-lesson course, Maharishi describes how higher states of consciousness unfold in human life and gives special attention to Unity Consciousness, where we live the wholeness of life in every part and particle of our individual existence—the totality of life in full enlightenment.
Maharishi describes in great detail the transformation of mind and body that upholds this development, the nature of subjective experience in each of the higher states, the processes of growth that give rise to each state, and the practical values of life in enlightenment. These talks therefore provide a rich source of knowledge and support as your own experiences of higher states naturally unfold—as well as great inspiration and comfort in these unusual times.
This self-paced course includes a weekly interactive Q&A with Professor Gerry Geer, a senior professor at Maharishi International University, who will lead additional reflections, insights, and expertise on this epic voyage of self-realization.
- SCI 23: The Seven States of Consciousness
- Seven State of Consciousness and the Evolution of Human Physiology, Part 1
- Seven State of Consciousness and the Evolution of Human Physiology, Part 2
- Cosmic Consciousness: The Mechanics of Witnessing
- The Mechanics of Development of Heart and Mind from the State of Ignorance to Unity Consciousness, Part 1
- The Mechanics of Development of Heart and Mind from the State of Ignorance to Unity Consciousness, Part 2
- Rising to Unity Consciousness – The Growth of Harmony: Perceiving the Eternal Unity of Life within the Infinite Diversity of Creation
- Self-realization: The Basis of God Realization
- Knowledge is Different in Different States of Consciousness: Knowledge is Supreme in the Highest State of Consciousness, Unity Consciousness, Where One Experiences the Underlying Unity of Life in Every Wave of Activity
- Unity Consciousness: Living Infinite Harmony, Part 1
- Unity Consciousness: Living Infinite Harmony, Part 2
- Unity Consciousness Rising to Brahman Consciousness, Part 1
- Unity Consciousness Rising to Brahman Consciousness, Part 2
- Maharishi Answers Questions on the Seven States of Consciousness
- Maharishi’s Commentary on a Purusha Experience, Part 1
- Maharishi’s Commentary on a Purusha Experience, Part 2
Professor Gerry Geer
Dr. Gerry Geer is an Assistant Professor of Literature and Writing at Maharishi International University and has taught this Higher States of Consciousness course to over 1000 students in the past few years. In addition to his extensive teaching responsibilities, he is director of publications at the University’s Institute of Science, Technology and Public Policy and international liaison for the Global Union of Scientists for Peace.
Professor Geer received his B.A. magna cum laude in English from Harvard College, did graduate work in the Master of Theological Studies (MTS) program at Harvard Divinity School, and was awarded a Doctorate in World Peace (DWP) from Maharishi European Research University in 2005.
Are there any prerequisites to take this course?
This course is open to all TM Meditators, as well as TM Teachers and those who have graduated from the TM-Sidhis course.
What days of the week and times will this course run?
We will release two videos per week by Maharishi which can be viewed at your convenience. These videos will be release every Sunday afternoon and remain online for up to three months after the course concludes. Plus we offer live Zoom discussions on Saturday mornings at 11:00 am CDT which will also be recorded.
I live in Australia and the Zoom sessions are not at a good time for me. Can there be other Zoom sessions scheduled at a different time?
This is a possibility. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How long are the videos available to view?
Videos are available to view for at least three months after the course concludes.
Where can I contact the organizer of this event with any questions?
Please email the Office of Continuing Education at email@example.com. Or you can call 641-919-0045 during office hours: Monday – Friday 10:00 am – noon and 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (Central Time).