Courses / Degree Requirements for MBA in SAP Enterprise Resource Planning Professionals
Students must successfully complete all general requirements for a master’s degree and can graduate with an MBA in SAP Enterprise Resource Planning Professionals by completing a minimum of 53 credits, including:
Foundational Studies (12 credits) MVS 500 The Science of Creative Intelligence (4 credits) or STC 508 Science and Technology of Consciousness (4 credits), and at least 8 credits covering at least three of the foundational subjects in business administration, i.e., marketing, accounting, finance, operations, information systems, business law, sustainable business practices, and human resource management. Also, students will take a course in Career Strategies (1 credit) that will train students about what they need to secure a curricular practical training position.
Advanced Studies (32 credits) Accounting Professional students are encouraged to study for the four parts of the CPA exam (16 credits) or the two parts of the CMA exam (8 credits). SAP Professionals are required to take at l6 credits from SAP courses (see list below in Graduation Requirements for the MS in SAP ERP and Business Analytics). The remainder of credits can be taken from MBA electives.
Practicum (9 credits) At least 9 credits of MGT 5910 Practicum Away coincident with curricular practical training (CPT) in a full-time accounting-related position.
Here are examples of Accounting and SAP Enterprise Resource Planning courses that would meet your specialization requirement >
- MGT 5130 Business Law and Taxation for Accountants (4 credits)
- MGT 5141 Intermediate Accounting I (4 credits)
- MGT 5142 Intermediate Accounting II (4 credits)
- MGT 5152 Auditing for Financial Accountants (4 credits)
- MGT 5168 Computerized Accounting Systems (2 credits)
- MGT 5514 Enterprise Performance Management (4 credits)
- MGT 5859 US and International Accounting Practices (2 credits)
- MGT 5301 Finance & Control (4 Credits)
- MGT 5302 SAP Business Processes (4 Credits)
- MGT 5303 SAP Business Configuration (4 Credits)
- MGT 5304 SAP Enterprise Business Analytics (4 Credits)
Course offerings are subject to the recommendation of your academic advisor and calendar and faculty availability.
Electives can be chosen from MBA classes, subject to the recommendation of your academic advisor and calendar and faculty availability. Practicum is coincident with curricular practical training (CPT), through co-operative accounting positions with business enterprises or NGOs to enhance applied business skills.