Advanced Maharishi Pulse Reading with Vaidya Manohar Palakurthi
“This course exceeded my high expectations. I have taken pulse courses before, and this course has a supremely cosmic quality on all levels. It is like a rasayana just listening to Dr. Manohar.” —SK
Each course consists of approximately six hours of classes.
- Advanced Maharishi Nadi Vigyan Weekend 1
- Advanced Maharishi Nadi Vigyan Weekend 2
- Advanced Maharishi Nadi Vigyan Weekend 3
- Advanced Maharishi Nadi Vigyan Weekend 4
Free Class: View the first class for FREE
THIS COURSE IS AVAILABLE ONLINE Videos will be available to view at your convenience for one year.
Prerequisite: The 16-Lesson Maharishi Self-Pulse Reading course or Parts 1 and 2 of the Maharishi Self-Pulse Reading courses taught by Andrew Stenberg, or equivalent. (Or permission from Dr. Manohar or Paul Morehead.)
The prerequisite for each weekend 2, 3 & 4 is the previous weekend.
Course Fee: $125 per weekend (or $75/weekend for full-time MIU or Maharishi School staff, faculty, and students, or full-time TM® Teachers, IAA grant recipients, and anyone who is retired and on a fixed income and cannot otherwise afford the course). Also, any MIU alumni can get 10% off the full course fee.
The course fee includes the full weekend, plus the first session of the next weekend.
This course is designed to enliven the knowledge of Maharishi Nadi Vigyan (MNV) and enhance correct practice, according to Maharishi’s guidelines.
Everyone interested in pulse should take this course.
- For practitioners of Maharishi AyurVeda® and BA and MS students: This course will bring your Maharishi Nadi Vigyan skills to another level of effectiveness and profundity. It will give correct understanding and systematic procedures to practice successful analysis. This course will help standardize and deepen the practice of Maharishi Nadi Vigyan for all our practitioners.
- For everyone else: You will learn to take other people’s pulses in order to experience the different types of pulse. The main intention of this course (for those who are not Maharishi AyurVeda health practitioners) is enhancing and understanding your own pulse and the self-pulse practice for greater longevity, bliss, and balance in life. (The course is not designed to train you to become a Maharishi AyurVeda Consultant.)
Each day will clarify the fine details of the procedure, and give practical steps of the practice and more practical experience of performing Maharishi Nadi Vigyan.
“I wanted to express my absolute deepest gratitude to MIU for allowing this four-weekend course to be available online. I learned more in these nearly 30 hours than I did in three courses of pulse class. The benefits to me will be infinite moving forward.” —TB
“I feel that I understand much better how to take the pulse and look forward to more experience.” —BD
“This course has given me much more confidence in what I am doing in attention to the pulse and how I can maintain better health and clearer consciousness.” —SB
“I enjoyed it a lot. I did expect that it was going to be more advanced, but the review was great. Dr. Manohar was supurb—in presence and in sharing his knowledge and guiding our experience and learning. Excellent course.” —EB
“Dr. Manohar has a huge amount of knowledge and is very skillful in giving it out.” —GH
“Very advanced knowledge and deep instructions. It is a blessing just to be in the same room as Dr. Manohar. To have had this as a general course on Ayurveda might have been better since there’s not a lot about the pulse yet.” —Anon
“This course is necessary for learning to be a true expert in Nadi Vigyan. Loved all the details of Vedic knowledge!” —JH
“Great course! A lot of good information on how the Vedas are connected to pulse diagnosis.” —Anon
“I found that reading the pulse the way Vaidyaji instructed was much more blissful and a lot less analyzing.” —JP
“Delightful! Vaidya Manohar is a very blissful, clear representative of Maharishi.” —SS
Weekend 1 VIDEOS AND COURSE MATERIALS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE.
- Maharishi Nadi Vigyan’s ancient roots and evidence-based modern theories
- Samkhya theory
- Principles for the practice
- The benefit of the MNV practice in daily life is harnessing the total potential of Natural Law for all possibilities in daily life
- Proper placement of the fingers for taking the pulse
- Thatva Vigyan – Role of consciousness in MNV
- Mano Vigyan – Role of mind in MNV
- Guna Vigyan – Knowledge of the qualities of the three gunas with a practical approach
Weekend 2 VIDEOS AND COURSE MATERIALS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE.
- Dhi, Driti, and Smriti: Balance and imbalance of mind and body
- Thought, speech & action
- Ojas, Agni, and Ama in the pulse
- Collective Consciousness of the physiology
Weekend 3 VIDEOS AND COURSE MATERIALS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE.
- Foundational principles of the body in relation to Ojas, Agni, and Ama
- VPK Gati (Movement) Theory
- Subdoshas: What they are and how to detect them in the pulse
- Subdosha imbalances
Weekend 4 VIDEOS AND COURSE MATERIALS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE.
- Locating the Dhatus in the pulse
- The role of Dhatu Agnis in the pulse
- Dhatu Sarata essence and influence on the mind
- How to practice
Come study with Vaidya Manohar, one of the world’s most experienced Maharishi AyurVeda Vaidyas. Vaidya Manohar has done over 50,000 consultations in his 32 years of practice. He worked closely with Maharishi for many years, and has practiced Maharishi AyurVeda in many countries, including India, Japan, and the US. He is Professor of Maharishi AyurVeda at MIU and guides the clinical training for the MS in Maharishi AyurVeda. He has worked with the greatest experts and founders of Maharishi AyurVeda: Vaidya Brihaspati Dev Triguna, Vaidya Balraj Maharishi, and Vaidya D.M. Dwivedi.
Dr. Paul Morehead assisted Vaidya Manohar in the beginning lessons of this course. Paul has been practicing Maharishi Nadi Vigyan for 25 years and is the Director of the MS in Maharishi AyurVeda and Integrative Medicine. He is Associate Dean of the College of Integrative Medicine at MIU.
Are there any prerequisites to take this course?
Yes, the 16-Lesson Maharishi Self-Pulse Reading course or two Maharishi Self-Pulse Reading courses taught by Andrew Stenberg, or equivalent.
Where can I contact the organizer of this event with any questions?
Please email the Office of Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can call 641-919-0045 during office hours: Monday – Friday 10:00 am – noon and 1:00 – 4:00 pm (Central Time).
What is the refund policy?
We offer full refunds to anyone who requests them before starting the second class for each weekend.