Webinar Series Replays
All About MIU
- Is MIU right for you?
- How MIU and TM are making the world better
- 7 reasons to apply to MIU
- How financial aid from MIU makes your education affordable
- Why do so many college students transfer to MIU?
- Is MIU the real-life Hogwarts? Student panel with Q&A
- What on Earth is Consciousness-Based Education?
- MIU student experience: student life and student support
- Admissions and Financial Aid: getting to MIU is easier than you think
- MIU alumni — Where are they now?
- MIU’s vibrant, artistic, sustainability-focused hometown — Fairfield, Iowa
- US Congressman Tim Ryan — “The call for us is the inward journey”
Ayurveda & Integrative Health
- Bachelor’s with Specialization in Life & Wellness Coaching
- Bachelor’s with Specialization in Yoga & Ayurveda Wellness
- Become an Ayurveda practitioner
- Become an Ayurveda consultant
- Become an aromatherapy practitioner
- Life-Changer: self-care secrets
- Your brain needs this
- Learn about Ayurvedic cooking
- How to improve your gut health
- Learn Maharishi Asanas
- Self-Pulse for Balance in Mind and Body
- Maharishi Ayurveda
Spotlight on Degree Programs
- Bachelor’s with Specialization in Life & Wellness Coaching
- BA in Regenerative Organic Agriculture
- MS in Regenerative Organic Agriculture
- Bachelor’s with Specialization in Yoga & Ayurveda Wellness
- BA in Cinematic Arts & New Media
- MA in Consciousness & Human Potential
- BA in Consciousness & Human Potential
- MS in Maharisi AyurVeda & Integrative Medicine
- BA in Ayurveda Wellness & Integrative Health
- Master’s in Software Development
- BA/BFA/MFA in Creative Writing
- MS in Aromatherapy & Ayurveda
- BA/BFA in Art • MA in Studio Art • MFA in Visual Art
- Individualized Major
All about MIU
MIU’s Consciousness-BasedSM education connects everything students learn to the underlying wholeness of life, and all students and faculty practice the TM technique for personal growth. Hundreds of published research studies have found the TM technique to boost learning ability and creativity, improve brain functioning, and reduce stress and anxiety.
Learn how MIU grads are getting involved with organizations like DLF – how you can help.
What makes MIU so unique? At MIU, Consciousness-Based Education connects everything you learn to the underlying wholeness of life. Learn about the science behind Consciousness-Based Education and also about the block system, the special professors and faculty at MIU, and the university culture.
Craig Pearson, PhD, is Vice President of Academic Affairs at Maharishi International University. He is the author of The Supreme Awakening. Dr. Pearson is an expert in Consciousness-Based Education and speaks around the US and internationally on the topic of human development and higher states of consciousness. He earned his undergraduate degree from Duke University, a Master’s in Writing from the University of Iowa, and a PhD in Maharishi Vedic Science from MIU.
MIU Student Experience — student life and student support
- See how MIU is radically different in the way we support our students. Learn about our mental health support services and learn a yoga asana from our Dharma Center team.
- See our housing options – single rooms are standard! Take a tour of a few classrooms, the dining hall, cafe, and on-campus grocery store. Our on-campus food is mostly organic, and we offer vegan and vegetarian options.See our student lounge and bookstore.
- Meet the director of our integrative health center and learn about Ayurvedic and other health offerings including a doctor and nurses on campus.
- Our academic support services team joins us. You will also tour our recreational fitness center, and learn a few Zumba moves. Chris and Haley from student activities join us at the end of the hour to give an overview of on-campus social activities.
Hear about the uniqueness of their experience at MIU, and how it helped them get to where they are today.
Alex Cequea – Sr. Producer at act.tv, where he makes short animated videos about social issues. His videos have gotten hundreds of millions of views and have been shared by organizations like The New York Times, political figures like Senator Bernie Sanders, and celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Lebron James, and Snoop Dogg.
Supriya Venkatesan – Supriya is passionate about working at the convergence of culture and tech to bring meaningful content to consumers at the right time and on the right platform to connect business imperatives to the end-user. While at Critical Mass, she has helped clients such as the US Army, Dropbox, Apple, Nissan, Mitsubishi and Blue Cross Blue Shield develop and scale enterprise-level content strategies and sustainable content governance.
Varsha Khatri – registered Nutritionist and a Senior Yoga Teacher who runs her own business, Illuminated Health, based in Greater London. She believes that we only have today to make the right choices for a healthier tomorrow.
This webinar introduces our vibrant community dedicated to sustainability, health, arts, and doing good things for the world. Meet these city officials, entrepreneurs, and business owners who are also part of MIU and the TM community:
- Connie Boyer – Mayor of Fairfield, Financial Advisor, Inn Owner
- Ed Malloy – President of Danaher Oil, Mayor 2001-2019, MIU Trustee
- Joshua Laraby – Executive Director of Fairfield Economic Development Association, MIU Graduate
Tim Ryan serves in Ohio’s 13th District. He was first elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2002. He is now serving in his ninth term. Congressman Ryan currently serves as a member of the House Appropriations Committee which controls the expenditure of money by the federal government. Ryan also serves as co-chairman of the Congressional Manufacturing Caucus. Tim Ryan has also served in the Ohio State Senate. He began his career in politics as a congressional aide with the U.S. House of Representatives in 1995 and later served as an intern for the Trumbull County Prosecutor’s Office. Ryan holds a law degree from the University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly the Franklin Pierce Law Center), Dickinson School of Law’s International Law Program in Florence, Italy, and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Bowling Green State University.
Ryan is an advocate of meditation and currently resides in Howland, OH, with his wife and three children.
Ayurveda & Integrative Health
MIU’s BA in Ayurveda Wellness & Integrative Health is America’s only accredited bachelor’s in Ayurveda.
Meet renowned Ayurveda experts who are MIU professors. You’ll also meet students and graduates and learn how MIU is different from other programs.
Learn how you can graduate with a BA and as an Ayurveda consultant.
- Learn to create wellness naturally
- Integrate Ayurvedic knowledge with modern health science
- Receive hands-on clinical training
- Engage with a supportive community of like-minded students
- Join the only accredited bachelor’s in Ayurveda in the US
- Financial aid available for most students
- Additional specializations, including Life & Wellness Coaching and Yoga, are available
Earn your master’s degree online and become an Ayurveda Practitioner. No health background is needed and any undergraduate degree can apply.
MIU’s online part-time MS in Maharishi AyurVeda & Integrative Medicine integrates modern medicine and science with the natural approach of Ayurveda – and teaches you how to use them together to create optimal health.
- Interact with renowned Ayurveda experts who are MIU professors
- Meet current students and graduates
- Learn about the industry and how MIU is different from other programs
- Financial aid is available for most students
Dr. Robert Keith Wallace: PhD from UCLA, Harvard researcher, widely published in peer-reviewed journals, Chair of the MIU Department of Physiology and Health, and author of several books, including Gut Crisis and The Rest and Repair Diet.
Andrew Stenberg: Maharishi AyurVeda health practitioner and Vedic Health Educator who has had his own national integrative health practice in Australia since 1993 and has conducted over 20,000 Maharishi AyurVedic consultations.
Dr. Jim Davis: DO, has been in general practice for 31 years, focusing primarily on Osteopathic Manual Medicine and Maharishi AyurVeda. He is Medical Director of the Integrative Wellness Center, which provides clinical experience for students studying Maharishi AyurVeda.
- Week 1 Notes & Recipes > (PDF)
Named “one of the nation’s most prominent Ayurvedic doctors” by the Chicago Tribune, Nancy Lonsdorf, MD, is an award-winning integrative physician, author, and speaker specializing in Ayurveda and the prevention and reversal of cognitive decline. Over the past thirty years, she has treated over 25,000 patients using Maharishi Ayurveda along with functional medicine and conventional approaches for the relief of chronic health problems and for the reversal of cognitive decline.
In her engaging and highly personal style, Dr. Lonsdorf will inform and inspire you in regard to taking lifestyle and self-care actions that can help you balance your well-being and stay mentally sharp. Topics include: memory, gut health, inflammation, carbs and sugar, hormones, and detoxing.
About Dr. Nancy Lonsdorf
Dr. Lonsdorf has a solid foundation in traditional Western medicine as well as Ayurveda, having received her medical degree from the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and residency training in psychiatry at Stanford University.
She entered full-time private practice in 1987, as the Medical Director of the pioneering Maharishi Ayurveda Medical Center of Washington D.C. (1987-2000) and went on to serve as the Medical Director of The Raj Ayurveda Health Spa, an award-winning in-residence center for authentic Ayurvedic treatment (2000-2005).
Dr. Lonsdorf sees patients from all over the world in a variety of settings—at her office in Fairfield, IA, as well as online and over the phone. She is an accomplished author and has been featured on various radio and TV programs. She has served on numerous NIH panels for complementary and integrative medicine and has lectured at some of the nation’s foremost medical institutions, including Johns Hopkins, Columbia University and George Washington University.
Description and Recipes
Sabita Sawhney, Associate Professor of Management and Director of the PhD in Management, teaches courses in operations management, supply chain management, marketing management, and marketing research. In addition to management classes, she offers an Ayurvedic cooking course where she shares her passion for cooking with students. Sabita also owns and runs her own business, Sabi’s Café, serving freshly prepared authentic vegetarian Indian food. In this webinar, she shares some of her Ayurvedic recipes. Download these recipes > (PDF)
Dr. Keith Wallace addresses key points from his recent book “The Rest and Repair Diet: Heal Your Gut, Improve Your Physical and Mental Health, and Lose Weight.” Learn all about how to improve your microbiome and your digestion.
Dr. Robert Keith Wallace received his Ph.D. in Physiology from the University of California at Los Angeles and did his postdoctoral research at Harvard Medical School. His seminal papers published in Science, the American Journal of Physiology, and Scientific American, showed that Transcendental Meditation technique, produced a fourth major state of consciousness different than waking, sleeping, or dreaming.
Dr. Wallace was the founding President of Maharishi International University and established the first Maharishi AyurVeda Clinics in the United States. He has traveled worldwide giving lectures at major universities and institutes on Maharishi’s consciousness-based health programs. Dr. Wallace is the author of a number of books, including Gut Crisis, The Rest and Repair Diet, The Coherence Code, and Total Brain Coaching.
Dr. Wallace is currently a trustee of Maharishi International University. He is a professor and the Chair of the Department of Physiology and Health.
“With each asana, I move to a gentle stretch, hold, feel the stretch loosen and bliss flows through and around my whole body.”
The specialty and effectiveness of Maharishi YogaSM asanas are that the practice requires no effort or strain. You go into a pose only until you feel a gentle stretch, and no further. Gradually, with continued practice, you become more and more flexible and can go farther into the pose with great ease.
In a research study published in the International Journal of Yoga, Maharishi Yoga Asanas were found to produce a “significant increase in happiness during the day and significant improvements in (1) sense of personal self, (2) transpersonal qualities, and (3) transpersonal self.”
In this webinar, you’ll also learn pranayama, a simple breathing technique that has been found in multiple studies to have a calming effect on mind and body.
Join us for this chance to learn self-pulse reading for your personal use and understand more about the Maharishi AyurVedaSM health system, which addresses the body, mind, and environment of an individual to help them become holistically healthy. In this fascinating and practical webinar:
- Nancy Lonsdorf, MD, will teach you how to take your pulse for a balancing and rejuvenating effect. This technique is easy to learn, is enjoyable, and can lead to a profound inner experience of well-being.
- Paul Morehead, PhD, also joins to talk about the MS in Maharishi AyurVeda and Integrative Medicine that is pioneering the integration of Ayurveda with integrative medicine, including modern medicine, Chinese medicine, osteopathy, homeopathy and chiropractic.
Spotlight on degree programs
- Meet professors, students, and industry experts.
- Learn how to start your exciting career in Cinematic Arts & New Media.
MIU offers a BA in Cinematic Arts & New Media or a Bachelor’s with a Specialization in Cinematic Arts & New Media, with online and on-campus options.
MIU offers America’s only MA in Consciousness & Human Potential (CHP). The study of CHP integrates personal experience, philosophy of mind, neuroscience, ancient wisdom, and social sciences. Graduates often say this degree is the basis of their personal and professional success. In this webinar, you’ll meet renowned experts in CHP, who are MIU program directors and professors. You will also meet students and graduates of the programs.
MIU offers America’s only degrees in Consciousness & Human Potential (CHP). The study of CHP integrates personal experience, philosophy of mind, neuroscience, ancient wisdom, and social sciences. Graduates often say this degree is the basis of their personal and professional success. In this webinar, you’ll meet renowned experts in CHP, who are MIU program directors and professors. You will also meet students and graduates of the programs.
- No prior experience is needed
- Any US equivalent undergraduate degree accepted
- MIU Career Support to help you get a job
- 100% Tuition Refund Guarantee if you don’t get a job
- Federal student loans are available
In this webinar, you’ll meet our career search experts and program director, professors, graduates, and current students.
Meet students, graduates, and professors, as well as MIU’s Admissions Director.
- BA (on-campus): Hone your skills in poetry, fiction, and non-fiction in a professional workshop atmosphere with a variety of writing opportunities
- BFA (on-campus): Experience extensive personal mentorship & create a professional portfolio
- MFA (online/ low-residency): Complete a book-length manuscript of publishable quality with professional support & build the necessary professional skill set to succeed as a working poet/writer.
MIU’s Art programs help you:
- Cultivate a professional, sustainable studio practice to engage in a life in art
- Learn to create works of art that reflect a sophisticated understanding of the particular forms, materials, and processes of your chosen medium
We will explore these degree options: BA in Art, BFA in Art, MA in Studio Art, and Low-Residency MFA in Visual Art (online option).
MIU offers a radically different educational experience. This webinar will cover several unique options to help you reach your goals:
- Pursue your unique passion and forge your own educational path with an Individualized Major, where you design your own BA or BS.
- Learn about our fast-track degree for transfer students: Bachelor of Applied Arts & Sciences (available online & on-campus).
- Enliven your innermost Self and develop your full potential to succeed in any career with our Online Bachelor’s with Specialization in Consciousness & Human Potential.
- You’ll meet students in the programs, program directors, academic advisors, and professors who will help you learn about finding the right path for you. You can design your degree, your way.