Webinar Series Replays
Skip to section of interest:
All about MIU
What makes MIU so unique? At MIU, Consciousness-Based Education connects everything you learn to the underlying wholeness of life. Learn about the science behind Consciousness-Based Education and also about the block system, the special professors and faculty at MIU, and the university culture.
About Craig Pearson
Craig Pearson, PhD, is Vice President of Academic Affairs at Maharishi International University. He is the author of The Supreme Awakening. Dr. Pearson is an expert in Consciousness-Based Education and speaks around the US and internationally on the topic of human development and higher states of consciousness. He earned his undergraduate degree from Duke University, a Master’s in Writing from the University of Iowa, and a PhD in Maharishi Vedic Science from MIU.
MIU Student Experience — student life and student support
- See how MIU is radically different in the way we support our students. Learn about our mental health support services and learn a yoga asana from our Dharma Center team.
- See our housing options – single rooms are standard! Take a tour of a few classrooms, the dining hall, cafe, and on-campus grocery store. Our on-campus food is mostly organic, and we offer vegan and vegetarian options.See our student lounge and bookstore.
- Meet the director of our integrative health center and learn about Ayurvedic and other health offerings including a doctor and nurses on campus.
- Our academic support services team joins us. You will also tour our recreational fitness center, and learn a few Zumba moves. Chris and Haley from student activities join us at the end of the hour to give an overview of on-campus social activities.
Hear about the uniqueness of their experience at MIU, and how it helped them get to where they are today.
Alex Cequea – Sr. Producer at act.tv, where he makes short animated videos about social issues. His videos have gotten hundreds of millions of views and have been shared by organizations like The New York Times, political figures like Senator Bernie Sanders, and celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Lebron James, and Snoop Dogg.
Supriya Venkatesan – Supriya is passionate about working at the convergence of culture and tech to bring meaningful content to consumers at the right time and on the right platform to connect business imperatives to the end-user. While at Critical Mass, she has helped clients such as the US Army, Dropbox, Apple, Nissan, Mitsubishi and Blue Cross Blue Shield develop and scale enterprise-level content strategies and sustainable content governance.
Varsha Khatri – registered Nutritionist and a Senior Yoga Teacher who runs her own business, Illuminated Health, based in Greater London. She believes that we only have today to make the right choices for a healthier tomorrow.
This webinar introduces our vibrant community dedicated to sustainability, health, arts, and doing good things for the world. Meet these city officials, entrepreneurs, and business owners who are also part of MIU and the TM community:
- Connie Boyer – Mayor of Fairfield, Financial Advisor, Inn Owner
- Ed Malloy – President of Danaher Oil, Mayor 2001-2019, MIU Trustee
- Joshua Laraby – Executive Director of Fairfield Economic Development Association, MIU Graduate
Tim Ryan serves in Ohio’s 13th District. He was first elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2002. He is now serving in his ninth term. Congressman Ryan currently serves as a member of the House Appropriations Committee which controls the expenditure of money by the federal government. Ryan also serves as co-chairman of the Congressional Manufacturing Caucus. Tim Ryan has also served in the Ohio State Senate. He began his career in politics as a congressional aide with the U.S. House of Representatives in 1995 and later served as an intern for the Trumbull County Prosecutor’s Office. Ryan holds a law degree from the University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly the Franklin Pierce Law Center), Dickinson School of Law’s International Law Program in Florence, Italy, and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Bowling Green State University.
Ryan is an advocate of meditation and currently resides in Howland, OH, with his wife and three children.
Ayurveda and integrative health
You will meet renowned Ayurveda experts who are MIU program directors and instructors. You will also meet students and graduates of the programs. You can ask questions and learn how your experience at MIU is different from other programs.
Our programs integrate modern medicine and science with the natural approach of Ayurveda — and teach you how to use them together to create optimal health.
We will explore these degree options:
- Become an Ayurveda Consultant: BA in Ayurveda Wellness & Integrative Health (available online & on-campus)
- Become an Ayurveda Practitioner: MS in Maharishi AyurVeda & Integrative Medicine (online)
Dr. Robert Keith Wallace: PhD from UCLA, Harvard researcher, widely published in peer-reviewed journals, Chair of the MIU Department of Physiology and Health, and author of several books, including Gut Crisis and The Rest and Repair Diet.
Andrew Stenberg: Maharishi AyurVeda health practitioner and Vedic Health Educator who has had his own national integrative health practice in Australia since 1993 and has conducted over 20,000 Maharishi AyurVedic consultations.
Dr. Jim Davis: DO, has been in general practice for 31 years, focusing primarily on Osteopathic Manual Medicine and Maharishi AyurVeda. He is Medical Director of the Integrative Wellness Center, which provides clinical experience for students studying Maharishi AyurVeda.
- Week 1 Notes & Recipes > (PDF)
Named “one of the nation’s most prominent Ayurvedic doctors” by the Chicago Tribune, Nancy Lonsdorf, MD, is an award-winning integrative physician, author, and speaker specializing in Ayurveda and the prevention and reversal of cognitive decline.Over the past thirty years, she has treated over 25,000 patients using Maharishi Ayurveda along with functional medicine and conventional approaches for the relief of chronic health problems and for the reversal of cognitive decline.
In her engaging and highly personal style, Dr. Lonsdorf will inform and inspire you in regard to taking lifestyle and self-care actions that can help you balance your well-being and stay mentally sharp. Topics include: memory, gut health, inflammation, carbs and sugar, hormones, and detoxing.
About Dr. Nancy Lonsdorf
Dr. Lonsdorf has a solid foundation in traditional Western medicine as well as Ayurveda, having received her medical degree from the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and residency training in psychiatry at Stanford University.
She entered full-time private practice in 1987, as the Medical Director of the pioneering Maharishi Ayurveda Medical Center of Washington D.C. (1987-2000) and went on to serve as the Medical Director of The Raj Ayurveda Health Spa, an award-winning in-residence center for authentic Ayurvedic treatment (2000-2005).
Dr. Lonsdorf sees patients from all over the world in a variety of settings—at her office in Fairfield, IA, as well as online and over the phone. She is an accomplished author and has been featured on various radio and TV programs. She has served on numerous NIH panels for complementary and integrative medicine and has lectured at some of the nation’s foremost medical institutions, including Johns Hopkins, Columbia University and George Washington University.
Description and Recipes
Dr. Keith Wallace addresses key points from his recent book “The Rest and Repair Diet: Heal Your Gut, Improve Your Physical and Mental Health, and Lose Weight.” Learn all about how to improve your microbiome and your digestion.More about Dr. Robert Keith Wallace
Dr. Robert Keith Wallace received his Ph.D. in Physiology from the University of California at Los Angeles and did his postdoctoral research at Harvard Medical School. His seminal papers published in Science, the American Journal of Physiology, and Scientific American, showed that Transcendental Meditation technique, produced a fourth major state of consciousness different than waking, sleeping, or dreaming.
Dr. Wallace was the founding President of Maharishi International University and established the first Maharishi AyurVeda Clinics in the United States. He has traveled worldwide giving lectures at major universities and institutes on Maharishi’s consciousness-based health programs. Dr. Wallace is the author of a number of books, including Gut Crisis, The Rest and Repair Diet, The Coherence Code, and Total Brain Coaching.
Dr. Wallace is currently a trustee of Maharishi International University. He is a professor and the Chair of the Department of Physiology and Health.
The specialty and effectiveness of Maharishi YogaSM asanas are that the practice requires no effort or strain. You go into a pose only until you feel a gentle stretch, and no further. Gradually, with continued practice, you become more and more flexible and can go farther into the pose with great ease.
In a research study published in the International Journal of Yoga, Maharishi Yoga Asanas were found to produce a “significant increase in happiness during the day and significant improvements in (1) sense of personal self, (2) transpersonal qualities, and (3) transpersonal self.”
In this webinar, you’ll also learn pranayama, a simple breathing technique that has been found in multiple studies to have a calming effect on mind and body.
Join us for this chance to learn self-pulse reading for your personal use and understand more about the Maharishi AyurVedaSM health system, which addresses the body, mind, and environment of an individual to help them become holistically healthy. In this fascinating and practical webinar:
- Nancy Lonsdorf, MD, will teach you how to take your pulse for a balancing and rejuvenating effect. This technique is easy to learn, is enjoyable, and can lead to a profound inner experience of well-being.
- Paul Morehead, PhD, also joins to talk about the MS in Maharishi AyurVeda and Integrative Medicine that is pioneering the integration of Ayurveda with integrative medicine, including modern medicine, Chinese medicine, osteopathy, homeopathy and chiropractic.
World-renowned experts share aromatherapy knowledge with you in a sample class, and you’ll learn all about this exciting online degree program. Meet the presenters:
- Keith Wallace, PhD, Chair of the Physiology and Health Department, received his PhD in Physiology from the University of California at Los Angeles and did his postdoctoral research at Harvard Medical School. His seminal papers published in Science, the American Journal of Physiology, and Scientific American showed that the Transcendental Meditation® technique produced a fourth major state of consciousness different than waking, sleeping, or dreaming.
- Dr. Komal Marwaha, Associate Professor of Physiology and Health, is Co-Director of the MS in Aromatherapy and has 15 years of experience in teaching and mentoring medical, dental, and health science students. She has worked for some of the premier medical colleges and research institutes in India such as Government Medical College, Chandigarh, and Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Dr. Malte Hozzel is the Executive Director of the MS in Aromatherapy. His interest in the essential nature of plants took him on many journeys through numerous countries around the world, meeting with traditional healers and the greatest practitioners of Ayurveda. As a result, he developed Oshadhi, one of the world’s purest and largest collection of organic essential oils.
- Dr. Charlotte Bech graduated as a medical doctor from the University of Copenhagen. She has worked in gastrointestinal surgery, hematology, and internal medicine/obstetrics. Dr. Bech has taught at a medical school in Copenhagen and is currently running a private clinic there, supplementing modern medicine with Maharishi AyurVeda. She has given more than 30,000 Ayurvedic consultations.
- Diane Malaison is Co-Director of the MS in Aromatherapy. She is a graduate of the Institut d’Aromathérapie Scientifique in Québec, Canada, and has learned from Dr. Daniel Pénoël (Osmobiose, France), Dominique Baudoux (Pranarom, Belgium), Lucie Mainguy (Aliksir, Canada), and Maurice Nicole (Hunzaroma, Canada). She has taught Maharishi AyurVeda and aromatherapy in the United States, Canada, India, and the Netherlands, and will teach aromatherapy courses and provide clinical training.
Spotlight on degree programs
MIU offers America’s only degrees in Consciousness and Human potential (CHP). The study of CHP will help develop your consciousness, creativity, and intelligence and prepare you for a wide range of careers. It also enhances your thinking and communication skills, improves learning ability, and prepares you to be adaptable and cope with stress more effectively. Graduates often say this degree is the basis of their personal and professional success.
You will meet renowned experts who are MIU program directors and instructors. You will also meet students and graduates of the programs. You can ask questions and learn how the MIU experience can help you reach your goals.
- BA in Consciousness & Human Potential (on-campus) – The BA in Consciousness & Human Potential (CHP) integrates personal experience, philosophy of mind, neuroscience, and ancient wisdom. Note: We also offer an Online Bachelor’s with Specialization in Consciousness & Human Potential.
- MA in Consciousness & Human Potential (online & on-campus) – In this program, you will probe the furthest reaches of neuroscience, physics, and social sciences by examining the interaction between brain functioning and consciousness, parallels between the unified field of physics and the field of consciousness, and the connection between individual and collective consciousness.
MIU’s Art programs help you:
- Cultivate a professional, sustainable studio practice to engage in a life in art
- Learn to create works of art that reflect a sophisticated understanding of the particular forms, materials, and processes of your chosen medium
We will explore these degree options: BA in Art, BFA in Art, MA in Studio Art, and Low-Residency MFA in Visual Art (online option).
- Pursue your unique passion and forge your own educational path with an Individualized Major, where you design your own BA or BS.
- Learn about our fast-track degree for transfer students: Bachelor of Applied Arts & Sciences (available online & on-campus).
- Enliven your innermost Self and develop your full potential to succeed in any career with our Online Bachelor’s with Specialization in Consciousness & Human Potential.
- You’ll meet students in the programs, program directors, academic advisors, and professors who will help you learn about finding the right path for you. You can design your degree, your way.
Meet current professors and students. Learn about the program and our 100% tuition refund guarantee.
Ask questions LIVE via Zoom Q&A or email. Meet professors and get an overview of:
- MFA in Creative Writing
- MA in Studio Art
- David Lynch MFA in Screenwriting
Meet professors and get an overview of our Bachelor’s Creative Arts degree programs. Q&A included.
- BA in Cinematic Arts and New Media
- BA/BFA in Art
- BA/BFA in Creative and Professional Writing