Webinar Series Replays
All About MIU
- 7 reasons to apply to MIU
- How MIU makes your education affordable
- Why do so many college students transfer to MIU?
- How MIU is helping us create a healthier and happier world
- Is MIU the real-life Hogwarts? Student panel with Q&A
- What on Earth is Consciousness-Based Education?
- MIU student experience: student life and student support
- Admissions and Financial Aid: getting to MIU is easier than you think
- MIU alumni — Where are they now?
- MIU’s vibrant, artistic, sustainability-focused hometown — Fairfield, Iowa
- How MIU students learn more with less stress
- Strength in stillness: the power of the TM® technique
- US Congressman Tim Ryan — “The call for us is the inward journey”
Ayurveda & Integrative Health
Spotlight on Degree Programs
- Online Bachelor’s Specialization in Yoga & Ayuraveda Wellness
- BA in Regenerative Organic Agriculture
- BA/BFA/MFA in Creative Writing
- MS in Aromatherapy
- BA in Ayurveda Wellness & Integrative Health
- MS in Maharisi AyurVeda & Integrative Medicine
- MS in Regenerative Organic Agriculture
- Master’s in Software Development
- BA in Cinematic Arts & New Media
- BA/MA in Consciousness & Human Potential
- BA/BFA in Art • MA in Studio Art • MFA in Visual Art
- Individualized Major
- MFA in Creative Writing • MA in Studio Art • David Lynch MFA in Screenwriting
All about MIU
What makes MIU so unique? At MIU, Consciousness-Based Education connects everything you learn to the underlying wholeness of life. Learn about the science behind Consciousness-Based Education and also about the block system, the special professors and faculty at MIU, and the university culture.
Craig Pearson, PhD, is Vice President of Academic Affairs at Maharishi International University. He is the author of The Supreme Awakening. Dr. Pearson is an expert in Consciousness-Based Education and speaks around the US and internationally on the topic of human development and higher states of consciousness. He earned his undergraduate degree from Duke University, a Master’s in Writing from the University of Iowa, and a PhD in Maharishi Vedic Science from MIU.
MIU Student Experience — student life and student support
- See how MIU is radically different in the way we support our students. Learn about our mental health support services and learn a yoga asana from our Dharma Center team.
- See our housing options – single rooms are standard! Take a tour of a few classrooms, the dining hall, cafe, and on-campus grocery store. Our on-campus food is mostly organic, and we offer vegan and vegetarian options.See our student lounge and bookstore.
- Meet the director of our integrative health center and learn about Ayurvedic and other health offerings including a doctor and nurses on campus.
- Our academic support services team joins us. You will also tour our recreational fitness center, and learn a few Zumba moves. Chris and Haley from student activities join us at the end of the hour to give an overview of on-campus social activities.
Hear about the uniqueness of their experience at MIU, and how it helped them get to where they are today.
Alex Cequea – Sr. Producer at act.tv, where he makes short animated videos about social issues. His videos have gotten hundreds of millions of views and have been shared by organizations like The New York Times, political figures like Senator Bernie Sanders, and celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Lebron James, and Snoop Dogg.
Supriya Venkatesan – Supriya is passionate about working at the convergence of culture and tech to bring meaningful content to consumers at the right time and on the right platform to connect business imperatives to the end-user. While at Critical Mass, she has helped clients such as the US Army, Dropbox, Apple, Nissan, Mitsubishi and Blue Cross Blue Shield develop and scale enterprise-level content strategies and sustainable content governance.
Varsha Khatri – registered Nutritionist and a Senior Yoga Teacher who runs her own business, Illuminated Health, based in Greater London. She believes that we only have today to make the right choices for a healthier tomorrow.
This webinar introduces our vibrant community dedicated to sustainability, health, arts, and doing good things for the world. Meet these city officials, entrepreneurs, and business owners who are also part of MIU and the TM community:
- Connie Boyer – Mayor of Fairfield, Financial Advisor, Inn Owner
- Ed Malloy – President of Danaher Oil, Mayor 2001-2019, MIU Trustee
- Joshua Laraby – Executive Director of Fairfield Economic Development Association, MIU Graduate
Tim Ryan serves in Ohio’s 13th District. He was first elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2002. He is now serving in his ninth term. Congressman Ryan currently serves as a member of the House Appropriations Committee which controls the expenditure of money by the federal government. Ryan also serves as co-chairman of the Congressional Manufacturing Caucus. Tim Ryan has also served in the Ohio State Senate. He began his career in politics as a congressional aide with the U.S. House of Representatives in 1995 and later served as an intern for the Trumbull County Prosecutor’s Office. Ryan holds a law degree from the University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly the Franklin Pierce Law Center), Dickinson School of Law’s International Law Program in Florence, Italy, and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Bowling Green State University.
Ryan is an advocate of meditation and currently resides in Howland, OH, with his wife and three children.
Ayurveda & integrative health
You’ll learn to establish and maintain a state of yoga in your life through a variety of modalities, including the practice of the Transcendental Meditation® technique, Ayurveda, and Pranayama (simple breathing exercise).
- Graduate with a 200-hour yoga teacher training certification
- Learn powerful ayurveda wellness techniques to enhance health and happiness
- Hone your yoga teaching techniques, including refining cues, managing the classroom environment, hands-on assists, ethics, and lesson planning
- Gain a strong understanding of anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics
- Create a business plan for your own teaching or wellness practice
- Federal grants and loans typically cover all or most costs
In addition to online courses, this degree includes 160 hours of in-person training that will allow you to practice and receive hands-on assists and modifications in a retreat-like setting with your cohort.
You will meet renowned Ayurveda experts who are MIU program directors and instructors. You will also meet students and graduates of the programs. You can ask questions and learn how your experience at MIU is different from other programs.
Our programs integrate modern medicine and science with the natural approach of Ayurveda — and teach you how to use them together to create optimal health.
We will explore these degree options:
- Become an Ayurveda Consultant: BA in Ayurveda Wellness & Integrative Health (available online & on-campus)
- Become an Ayurveda Practitioner: MS in Maharishi AyurVeda & Integrative Medicine (online)
Dr. Robert Keith Wallace: PhD from UCLA, Harvard researcher, widely published in peer-reviewed journals, Chair of the MIU Department of Physiology and Health, and author of several books, including Gut Crisis and The Rest and Repair Diet.
Andrew Stenberg: Maharishi AyurVeda health practitioner and Vedic Health Educator who has had his own national integrative health practice in Australia since 1993 and has conducted over 20,000 Maharishi AyurVedic consultations.
Dr. Jim Davis: DO, has been in general practice for 31 years, focusing primarily on Osteopathic Manual Medicine and Maharishi AyurVeda. He is Medical Director of the Integrative Wellness Center, which provides clinical experience for students studying Maharishi AyurVeda.
- Week 1 Notes & Recipes > (PDF)
Named “one of the nation’s most prominent Ayurvedic doctors” by the Chicago Tribune, Nancy Lonsdorf, MD, is an award-winning integrative physician, author, and speaker specializing in Ayurveda and the prevention and reversal of cognitive decline. Over the past thirty years, she has treated over 25,000 patients using Maharishi Ayurveda along with functional medicine and conventional approaches for the relief of chronic health problems and for the reversal of cognitive decline.
In her engaging and highly personal style, Dr. Lonsdorf will inform and inspire you in regard to taking lifestyle and self-care actions that can help you balance your well-being and stay mentally sharp. Topics include: memory, gut health, inflammation, carbs and sugar, hormones, and detoxing.
About Dr. Nancy Lonsdorf
Dr. Lonsdorf has a solid foundation in traditional Western medicine as well as Ayurveda, having received her medical degree from the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and residency training in psychiatry at Stanford University.
She entered full-time private practice in 1987, as the Medical Director of the pioneering Maharishi Ayurveda Medical Center of Washington D.C. (1987-2000) and went on to serve as the Medical Director of The Raj Ayurveda Health Spa, an award-winning in-residence center for authentic Ayurvedic treatment (2000-2005).
Dr. Lonsdorf sees patients from all over the world in a variety of settings—at her office in Fairfield, IA, as well as online and over the phone. She is an accomplished author and has been featured on various radio and TV programs. She has served on numerous NIH panels for complementary and integrative medicine and has lectured at some of the nation’s foremost medical institutions, including Johns Hopkins, Columbia University and George Washington University.
Description and Recipes
Sabita Sawhney, Associate Professor of Management and Director of the PhD in Management, teaches courses in operations management, supply chain management, marketing management, and marketing research. In addition to management classes, she offers an Ayurvedic cooking course where she shares her passion for cooking with students. Sabita also owns and runs her own business, Sabi’s Café, serving freshly prepared authentic vegetarian Indian food. In this webinar, she shares some of her Ayurvedic recipes. Download these recipes > (PDF)
Dr. Keith Wallace addresses key points from his recent book “The Rest and Repair Diet: Heal Your Gut, Improve Your Physical and Mental Health, and Lose Weight.” Learn all about how to improve your microbiome and your digestion.
Dr. Robert Keith Wallace received his Ph.D. in Physiology from the University of California at Los Angeles and did his postdoctoral research at Harvard Medical School. His seminal papers published in Science, the American Journal of Physiology, and Scientific American, showed that Transcendental Meditation technique, produced a fourth major state of consciousness different than waking, sleeping, or dreaming.
Dr. Wallace was the founding President of Maharishi International University and established the first Maharishi AyurVeda Clinics in the United States. He has traveled worldwide giving lectures at major universities and institutes on Maharishi’s consciousness-based health programs. Dr. Wallace is the author of a number of books, including Gut Crisis, The Rest and Repair Diet, The Coherence Code, and Total Brain Coaching.
Dr. Wallace is currently a trustee of Maharishi International University. He is a professor and the Chair of the Department of Physiology and Health.
“With each asana, I move to a gentle stretch, hold, feel the stretch loosen and bliss flows through and around my whole body.”
The specialty and effectiveness of Maharishi YogaSM asanas are that the practice requires no effort or strain. You go into a pose only until you feel a gentle stretch, and no further. Gradually, with continued practice, you become more and more flexible and can go farther into the pose with great ease.
In a research study published in the International Journal of Yoga, Maharishi Yoga Asanas were found to produce a “significant increase in happiness during the day and significant improvements in (1) sense of personal self, (2) transpersonal qualities, and (3) transpersonal self.”
In this webinar, you’ll also learn pranayama, a simple breathing technique that has been found in multiple studies to have a calming effect on mind and body.
Join us for this chance to learn self-pulse reading for your personal use and understand more about the Maharishi AyurVedaSM health system, which addresses the body, mind, and environment of an individual to help them become holistically healthy. In this fascinating and practical webinar:
- Nancy Lonsdorf, MD, will teach you how to take your pulse for a balancing and rejuvenating effect. This technique is easy to learn, is enjoyable, and can lead to a profound inner experience of well-being.
- Paul Morehead, PhD, also joins to talk about the MS in Maharishi AyurVeda and Integrative Medicine that is pioneering the integration of Ayurveda with integrative medicine, including modern medicine, Chinese medicine, osteopathy, homeopathy and chiropractic.
Spotlight on degree programs
Join us for a video tour of MIU’s organic and biodynamic certified commercial farm and education center. Meet MIU professors, current students, and graduates of our Regenerative Organic Agriculture degree program.
The bachelor’s degree in Regenerative Organic Agriculture (ROA) embraces a holistic, systems-based approach to farm management and ecological design that actively regenerates the environment and provides students with foundational knowledge in soil regeneration, water conservation, plant sciences, and permaculture design.
- BA (on-campus): Hone your skills in poetry, fiction, and non-fiction in a professional workshop atmosphere with a variety of writing opportunities
- BFA (on-campus): Experience extensive personal mentorship & create a professional portfolio
- MFA (online/ low-residency): Complete a book-length manuscript of publishable quality with professional support & build the necessary professional skill set to succeed as a working poet/writer.
- All creative writing classes will have an online option for the Fall 2021 semester.
Find your authentic voice.
Be the author of yourself.
Meditate and create.
Meet MIU faculty, students, and alumni of our creative writing programs.
Want to become an agriculture professional? Graduate with real-world knowledge and training to be an expert in the field. MIU offers America’s only degree of this kind. Complete your MS degree online and become a regenerative organic agriculture specialist in as little as 16 months.Regenerative agriculture is a systems-based approach to agriculture that leverages natural ecology to build soil, improve water efficiency, and increase biodiversity while emphasizing healthy food, feed, and fiber as the foundation of a strong community with an orientation toward long-term regenerative solutions.
Healthy soils lead to healthy people and a healthy planet. Explore supply chain opportunities, how to improve carbon capture, soil health, biodiversity, resiliency, ecosystems, and food quality. Learn how agricultural resource systems work together and how to apply your skills as a manager or consultant in an agricultural setting.
In this webinar, you will meet professors, current students and graduates of the program.
- Earn a Master’s Degree in Software Development
- NEW Online & On-Campus Options
- No coding experience needed — in-depth training takes you from beginner to expert
- Any US equivalent undergraduate degree accepted
- Secure a job as a Software Developer with our career support
Meet the Department of Cinematic Arts & New Media chair, professors, graduates, and current students. This bachelor’s degree program is offered online or on-campus.
By the time you graduate with a BA in Cinematic Arts & New Media, you’ll have an impressive portfolio and know what it takes to succeed in a media career. Our students create award-winning films, successful podcasts, professional music, digital art projects, and more.
Your MIU experience can help you stand out from other people in the industry. Create something extraordinary that speaks to people on a deep level.
MIU offers America’s only degrees in Consciousness and Human potential (CHP). The study of CHP will help develop your consciousness, creativity, and intelligence and prepare you for a wide range of careers. It also enhances your thinking and communication skills, improves learning ability, and prepares you to be adaptable and cope with stress more effectively. Graduates often say this degree is the basis of their personal and professional success.
You will meet renowned experts who are MIU program directors and instructors. You will also meet students and graduates of the programs. You can ask questions and learn how the MIU experience can help you reach your goals.
- BA in Consciousness & Human Potential (on-campus) – The BA in Consciousness & Human Potential (CHP) integrates personal experience, philosophy of mind, neuroscience, and ancient wisdom. Note: We also offer an Online Bachelor’s with Specialization in Consciousness & Human Potential.
- MA in Consciousness & Human Potential (online & on-campus) – In this program, you will probe the furthest reaches of neuroscience, physics, and social sciences by examining the interaction between brain functioning and consciousness, parallels between the unified field of physics and the field of consciousness, and the connection between individual and collective consciousness.
MIU’s Art programs help you:
- Cultivate a professional, sustainable studio practice to engage in a life in art
- Learn to create works of art that reflect a sophisticated understanding of the particular forms, materials, and processes of your chosen medium
We will explore these degree options: BA in Art, BFA in Art, MA in Studio Art, and Low-Residency MFA in Visual Art (online option).
MIU offers a radically different educational experience. This webinar will cover several unique options to help you reach your goals:
- Pursue your unique passion and forge your own educational path with an Individualized Major, where you design your own BA or BS.
- Learn about our fast-track degree for transfer students: Bachelor of Applied Arts & Sciences (available online & on-campus).
- Enliven your innermost Self and develop your full potential to succeed in any career with our Online Bachelor’s with Specialization in Consciousness & Human Potential.
- You’ll meet students in the programs, program directors, academic advisors, and professors who will help you learn about finding the right path for you. You can design your degree, your way.