- Professor of Mathematics
- Email Me
Catherine Gorini received an Award for Outstanding College Teaching from the Mathematical Association of America in 2001. Her publications are in the areas of geometry, mathematics education, geometry and art, and connections between mathematics and consciousness.
- Maharishi’s Vedic Mathematics
- Using the Transcendental Meditation® technique in the teaching of Mathematics
- Geometry and Symmetry
- Undergraduate Mathematics Education
- Using Geometer’s Sketchpad to study Euclidean Geometry or Analytic Geometry
- Using WebSketchpad to Create Interactive Geometry Web Pages
- Award for Outstanding College Teaching, Mathematical Association of America, 2001
- Enlightened Educator Award, Maharishi International University, 2000
- Geometry for the Artist, CRC Press, 2023
- “Geometry for the Artist: An Interdisciplinary Consciousness-Based Course,” International Journal of Mathematics and Consciousness, Vol 3, No 1, 2017.
- Facts on File Geometry Handbook, Facts on File, 2003. Read a review
- Geometry at Work, Mathematical Association of America, 2000.
- “Further Steps: Geometry Beyond High School (PDF),” New England Mathematics Journal, May 2003.
- “Consciousness: The Last Frontier of Geometry (PDF),” to appear.
- The Natural Role of Mathematics in the Sciences: How Maharishi’s Vedic Science Answers the Question of the Unreasonable Effectiveness of Mathematics in the Sciences, Modern Science and Vedic Science
- Symmetry: A Link between Mathematics and Life, Humanistic Mathematics Network Journal.
- Calculus with Dynamic Geometry, in Dynamical Geometry, edited by James King and Doris Schattschneider, 1997
- Using Clock Arithmetic to Send Secret Messages, Mathematics Teacher, Mathematical Association of America, February, 1996
- An Art Research Project for a Geometry Course, PRIMUS, Volume 3, Number 4, December 1994
- Where Can a Robot Arm Reach?, with R. Dettmers, I. Doraiswamy, and C. Toy, COMAP, 1993
- An Integrated Program of Writing and Speaking in the Undergraduate Mathematics Curriculum, PRIMUS, Volume 1, Number 3, September, 1991.
- PhD, University of Virginia, Robert E. Stong, advisor
- MA, University of Virginia, Edwin E. Floyd, advisor
- AB, Cornell University, Mathematics Major