Is this program entirely online?
Yes. However, before you enroll you’ll need to learn the TM technique since it is a key element of Consciousness-Based education
. This instruction will be in-person with a certified TM teacher near you (or on our Fairfield, IA campus).
Do I need to learn Transcendental Meditation before starting the program?
New U.S. online students learn the TM technique before enrolling at MUM. MUM has a special TM course fee of $190 for students enrolling in online degree programs. For information on the TM technique or finding a TM teacher, visit TM.org
How long does it take to complete this program?
You can complete our program in one year if you have 90 credits.
Students with 60 or more transferable academic credits can finish their bachelor’s degree online in two years or less. Students with fewer than 60 credits will need more time.
How do I transfer my credits from previous institutions?
Undergraduate degree students can apply transfer credits to cover general education requirements, electives, and up to half the course work in the major, for a maximum of 90 total credits. Transfer credits are accepted for courses completed with a grade of “C” or higher.
The Admissions Office can provide an estimate of your transferable credits based on transcripts provided during the application process. For more exact information, our Enrollment Center and academic advisors can evaluate your transcripts either before enrollment or during academic advising sessions after you’ve enrolled.
How many hours can I expect to spend on this program?
You should plan to spend 12-14 hours per week for a 4-credit on each course. If you are taking two courses at a time, you should plan to spend 24-28 hours per week reading, creating assignments, writing discussion forum posts, and studying course materials.
How many weeks are in each course?
4-credit courses are eight weeks long and 2-credit course are four weeks long. There are two semester terms, plus a January term and a summer term.
What are the options for full-time and part-time enrollment?
You can take one or two courses at a time. Choose the pace that is best for you. The specific options are as follows:
- Full-time: 12 credits or more per semester
- Three-quarters time: 9-11 credits per semester
Can students get financial aid for this program?
Yes, financial aid is available to eligible degree-seeking students. See Cost & Aid
for tuition and an estimate of your financial aid. Also, feel free to contact our financial aid office at email@example.com
or (641) 472-1156
What are the learning outcomes for the Online Bachelor of Applied Arts & Sciences?
Graduates should be able to…
- display improvements in perception, thinking, feeling, and overall growth of consciousness (development of consciousness
- display a healthy and optimal quality of life that allows them to get through their daily activities without undue fatigue or physical stress (health)
- apply unifying principles within and across disciplines to synthesize ideas, integrate divergent perspectives, and understand what they have learned in light of their own consciousness (holistic thinking)
- evaluate confidence in a thesis or judgment on the basis of logic, reliable evidence, ethical values, and openness to alternative assumptions and points of view (critical thinking)
- respond to and express ideas, feelings, and information in speech, text, and other media (communication)
- act from a global perspective to effectively address local economic, cultural, social, and environmental challenges (local and global citizenship)