Entrance Requirements for the MA in Consciousness and Human Potential
For entrance into the MA in Consciousness and Human Potential, applicants must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any field.
- Apply for admission.
- Send to MIU Admissions official transcripts and recommendations and anything else in the program checklist you will receive upon submitting your application for admission.
- Complete the departmental essay: Read the two sections (3 pages) in The Science of Being and Art of Living by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi What is Being? and Being is the Essential Constituent of Creation. In 700-800 words, respond to the following: “Discuss Maharishi’s description of the nature of Being as the essential constituent of creation.” This should be double-spaced in Times New Roman 12 pt font. We recommend that applicants purchase the book, but you may also view and download the relevant pages.
English language verification
For students whose first language is not English: official English proficiency test scores within the past 2 years, unless you have earned a full-time, on-campus degree from Canada, Australia, the UK, or the US within the past 2 years. Students with scores below 6.5 on IELTS Academic, 90 on TOEFL iBT or 58 on PTE will be asked to take the test again or change their program to English as a Second Language.
Transcendental Meditation technique
MIU has a special TM course fee of $190 for students.
- Most on-campus students are encouraged to learn the TM technique before arrival on campus but have the option to learn upon arrival. Ask your admissions counselor for details.
- Online students learn the TM before enrolling at MIU.
- Find information on the TM technique or search for a TM teacher at TM.org