Entrance Requirements for the MA in Consciousness & Human Potential
For entrance into the MA in Consciousness & Human Potential, applicants must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any field.
- Apply for admission.
- Completion of the MIU admissions process, including the submission of official transcripts, a recommendation, all materials listed above, and an admissions interview.
- Read the two sections (3 pages) in The Science of Being and Art of Living by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi What is Being? and Being is the Essential Constituent of Creation. We recommend that applicants purchase the book, available in softcover at MIU Press and in ebook at Amazon, but you may also view and download the relevant pages.
- In 700-800 words, respond to the following: “Discuss Maharishi’s description of the nature of Being as the essential constituent of creation.” This should be double-spaced in Times New Roman 12 pt font.
- Please email your essay directly to your admissions counselor.
English language verification
Applicants must submit official English proficiency test scores within the past 2 years of at least 110 on Duolingo, 6.5 on IELTS Academic, 90 on TOEFL iBT or 58 on PTE.
Before your first class
All MIU students practice the Transcendental Meditation® technique. If you have not learned it yet:
- MIU has a special TM course fee of $210 for students.
- On-campus students are asked to learn the TM technique before arrival and will get reimbursed their $210 course fee.
- Online students are required to learn the TM technique before starting the first class at MIU and will get reimbursed their $210 course fee.
- Contact your admissions counselor for details.
- Find information on the TM technique or search for a TM teacher at TM.org