Entrance Requirements for the MA in Consciousness & Human Potential
For entrance into the MA in Consciousness & Human Potential, applicants must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any field.
- Apply for admission.
- Completion of the MIU admissions process, including the submission of official transcripts, a recommendation, all materials listed above, and an admissions interview.
- Read the two sections (3 pages) in The Science of Being and Art of Living by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi What is Being? and Being is the Essential Constituent of Creation. We recommend that applicants purchase the book, but you may also view and download the relevant pages.
- In 700-800 words, respond to the following: “Discuss Maharishi’s description of the nature of Being as the essential constituent of creation.” This should be double-spaced in Times New Roman 12 pt font.
- Please email your essay directly to your admissions counselor.
English language verification
For students whose first language is not English: official English proficiency test scores within the past 2 years, unless you have earned a full-time, on-campus degree from Canada, Australia, the UK, or the US within the past 2 years. Students with scores below 6.5 on IELTS Academic, 90 on TOEFL iBT or 58 on PTE will be asked to take the test again or change their program to English as a Second Language.
Before your first class
All MIU students practice the Transcendental Meditation® technique. If you have not learned it yet:
- MIU has a special TM course fee of $190 for students.
- On-campus students are asked to learn the TM technique before arrival.
- Online students learn the TM technique before beginning class at MIU.
- Contact your admissions counselor for details.
- Find information on the TM technique or search for a TM teacher at TM.org