Entrance Requirements for the Bachelor of Applied Arts & Sciences
- In general, we require Bachelor’s applicants to have received a 2.5 GPA or above from their most recent institution attended. Applicants with below a 2.5 may still be considered depending on additional qualifications.
- Either (a) successful completion of a college-level composition course or (b) demonstration of college-ready writing proficiency in an online writing assessment
English language verification
For students whose first language is not English: official English proficiency test scores within the past 2 years of at least 6.0 on IELTS Academic, 80 on TOEFL iBT, or 51 on PTE, unless you have earned a full-time, on-campus degree from Canada, Australia, the UK, or the US within the past 2 years.
Transcendental Meditation technique
MIU has a special TM course fee of $190 for students.
- Most on-campus students are encouraged to learn the TM technique before arrival on campus but have the option to learn upon arrival. Ask your admissions counselor for details.
- Online students learn the TM before enrolling at MIU.
- Find information on the TM technique or search for a TM teacher at TM.org
Students with 60 or more transferable academic credits can finish their bachelor’s degree online in two years or less. Students with fewer than 60 credits will need more time.