Entrance Requirements for the Bachelor of Applied Arts & Sciences
In general, we require Bachelor’s applicants to have received a 2.5 GPA or above from their most recent institution attended. Applicants with below a 2.5 may still be considered depending on additional qualifications.
English language verification
Applicants must submit official English proficiency test scores within the past 2 years of at least 100 on Duolingo, 6.0 on IELTS Academic, 80 on TOEFL iBT, or 51 on PTE.
Before your first class
All MIU students practice the Transcendental Meditation® technique. If you have not learned it yet:
- MIU has a special TM course fee of $210 for students.
- Most on-campus students are encouraged to learn the TM® technique before arrival on campus but have the option to learn upon arrival. Ask your admissions counselor for details.
- Online students are required to learn the TM technique before starting the first class at MIU. The full $210 TM course fee will be refunded by MIU at the time of enrollment.
- Contact your admissions counselor for details.
- Find information on the TM technique or search for a TM teacher at TM.org
Students with 60 or more transferable academic credits can finish their bachelor’s degree online in two years or less. Students with fewer than 60 credits will need more time.