Entrance Requirements for the MA in Studio Art
Entrance requirements for applicants to the MA in Studio Art include the following:
- BFA or BA undergraduate degree with 3.0 or higher GPA from an accredited college or university
- Portfolio of 15-20 images:
- each optimized for the Web with a screen resolution of 72 pixels per inch
- the portfolio should demonstrate a focused body of work
- include a list of slides that designates: title (optional), materials, size (dimensions), date
- Before being accepted, students will be interviewed by the faculty program directors
English language verification
Applicants must submit official English proficiency test scores within the past 2 years of at least 110 on Duolingo, 6.5 on IELTS Academic, 90 on TOEFL iBT or 58 on PTE.
Before your first class
All MIU students practice the Transcendental Meditation® technique. If you have not learned it yet:
- MIU has a special TM course fee of $210 for students.
- Students are encouraged to learn the TM® technique before arrival on campus but have the option to learn upon arrival. Ask your admissions counselor for details.
- Contact your admissions counselor for details.
- Find information on the TM technique or search for a TM teacher at TM.org