Entrance Requirements for the MA in Studio Art
Entrance requirements for applicants to the MA in Studio Art include the following:
- BFA or BA undergraduate degree with 3.0 or higher GPA from an accredited college or university
- Portfolio of 15-20 images:
- each optimized for the Web with a screen resolution of 72 pixels per inch
- the portfolio should demonstrate a focused body of work
- include a list of slides that designates: title (optional), materials, size (dimensions), date
- Before being accepted, students will be interviewed by the faculty program directors
English language verification
For students whose first language is not English: official English proficiency test scores within the past 2 years, unless you have earned a full-time, on-campus degree from Canada, Australia, the UK, or the US within the past 2 years. Students with scores below 6.5 on IELTS Academic, 90 on TOEFL iBT or 58 on PTE will be asked to take the test again or change their program to English as a Second Language.
Transcendental Meditation technique
All MIU students practice the Transcendental Meditation® technique. If you have not learned it yet:
- MIU has a special TM course fee of $190 for students.
- Students are encouraged to learn the TM® technique before arrival on campus but have the option to learn upon arrival. Ask your admissions counselor for details.
- Contact your admissions counselor for details.
- Find information on the TM technique or search for a TM teacher at TM.org