Entrance requirements for the BA in Cinematic Arts and New Media
- In general, we require Bachelor’s applicants to have received a 2.5 GPA or above from their most recent institution attended. Applicants with below a 2.5 may still be considered depending on additional qualifications.
- Either (a) successful completion of a college-level composition course or (b) demonstration of college-ready writing proficiency in an online writing assessment
English language verification
For students whose first language is not English: official English proficiency test scores within the past 2 years of at least 6.0 on IELTS Academic, 80 on TOEFL iBT, or 51 on PTE, unless you have earned a full-time, on-campus degree from Canada, Australia, the UK, or the US within the past 2 years.
Transcendental Meditation technique
MIU has a special TM course fee of $190 for students.
- Most on-campus students are encouraged to learn the TM technique before arrival on campus but have the option to learn upon arrival. Ask your admissions counselor for details.
- Online students learn the TM before enrolling at MIU.
- Find information on the TM technique or search for a TM teacher at TM.org