Entrance Requirements for the PhD in Physiology
The entrance requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy in Physiology are:
- MS in Physiology or equivalent degree; MS in Maharishi AyurVeda and Integrative Medicine; MD, DO, or ND degree; or certification as a nurse practitioner, physician assistant, or equivalent health-professional training
- Satisfaction of entrance requirements must be approved by the department’s graduate faculty, in addition to receiving approval by the director of the program and the dean of the graduate school.
English language verification
For students whose first language is not English: official English proficiency test scores within the past 2 years, unless you have earned a full-time, on-campus degree from Canada, Australia, the UK, or the US within the past 2 years. Students with scores below 6.5 on IELTS Academic, 90 on TOEFL iBT or 58 on PTE will be asked to take the test again or change their program to English as a Second Language.
Before your first class
All MIU students practice the Transcendental Meditation® technique. If you have not learned it yet:
- MIU has a special TM course fee of $190 for students.
- Most on-campus students are encouraged to learn the TM® technique before arrival on campus but have the option to learn upon arrival. Ask your admissions counselor for details.
- Online students are required to learn the TM technique before starting the first class at MIU. The full $190 TM course fee will be refunded by MIU at the time of enrollment.
- Contact your admissions counselor for details.
- Find information on the TM technique or search for a TM teacher at TM.org