Entrance Requirements for the PhD in Physiology & Health
The entrance requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy in Physiology are:
- MS in Physiology or equivalent degree; MS in Maharishi AyurVeda and Integrative Medicine; MD, DO, or ND degree; or certification as a nurse practitioner, physician assistant, or equivalent health-professional training
- Satisfaction of entrance requirements must be approved by the department’s graduate faculty, in addition to receiving approval by the director of the program and the dean of the graduate school.
English language verification
Applicants must submit official English proficiency test scores within the past 2 years of at least 110 on Duolingo, 6.5 on IELTS Academic, 90 on TOEFL iBT or 58 on PTE.
Before your first class
All MIU students practice the Transcendental Meditation® technique. If you have not learned it yet:
- MIU has a special TM course fee of $210 for students.
- Most on-campus students are encouraged to learn the TM® technique before arrival on campus but have the option to learn upon arrival. Ask your admissions counselor for details.
- Online students are required to learn the TM technique before starting the first class at MIU. The full $210 TM course fee will be refunded by MIU at the time of enrollment.
- Contact your admissions counselor for details.
- Find information on the TM technique or search for a TM teacher at TM.org