Entrance Requirements for MBA in Accounting Professionals
To enter the MBA in Accounting, applicants must have:
- 4-year undergraduate degree in business, accounting or information technology; or equivalent
- At least two years of full-time paid professional work experience. If you do not have this experience, consider our MBA in Accounting which requires no prior experience.
- Grade point average of B as shown in the US system as 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or second division rank or higher in India and Nepal.
Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) is optional.
English language verification
For students whose first language is not English: official English proficiency test scores within the past 2 years, unless you have earned a full-time, on-campus degree from Canada, Australia, the UK, or the US within the past 2 years. Students with scores below 6.5 on IELTS Academic, 90 on TOEFL iBT or 58 on PTE will be asked to take the test again or change their program to English as a Second Language.
English proficiency tests may be waived for those who have completed Chartered Accountancy examinations from the United Kingdom (becoming ACCA affiliates or members), India, and Nepal because of the extensive study and testing in English that is required for these certifications. MIU will confirm English fluency through direct interviews and correspondence.
Before your first class
All MIU students practice the Transcendental Meditation® technique. If you have not learned it yet:
- MIU has a special TM course fee of $190 for students.
- Students are encouraged to learn the TM® technique before arrival on campus but have the option to learn upon arrival. Ask your admissions counselor for details.
- Contact your admissions counselor for details.
- Find information on the TM technique or search for a TM teacher at TM.org