Entrance Requirements for MBA in Accounting Professionals
To enter the MBA in Accounting, applicants must have:
- 4-year undergraduate degree in business, accounting or information technology; or equivalent
- At least two years of full-time paid professional work experience. If you do not have this experience, consider our MBA in Accounting which requires no prior experience.
- Grade point average of B as shown in the US system as 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or second division rank or higher in India and Nepal.
Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) is optional.
English language verification
International applicants must submit official English proficiency test scores within the past 2 years of at least 110 on Duolingo, 6.5 on IELTS Academic, 90 on TOEFL iBT or 58 on PTE.
English proficiency tests may also be waived for those who have completed Chartered Accountancy examinations from the United Kingdom (becoming ACCA affiliates or members), India, and Nepal because of the extensive study and testing in English that is required for these certifications. MIU will confirm English fluency through direct interviews and correspondence.
Before your first class
All MIU students practice the Transcendental Meditation® technique. If you have not learned it yet:
- Once accepted as a student, the cost of TM instruction is covered through a grant offered by MIU
- Students can either learn TM upon arrival or prior to enrolling
- Contact your admissions counselor for details
- Find information on the TM technique or search for a TM teacher at TM.org