Course and Degree Requirements for the Online MA in Leadership & Workplace Conflict Resolution
MA in Leadership & Workplace Conflict Resolution students must complete a total of 30 semester-hour credits consisting of a university requirement and a program core, as follows:
Required Courses (30 credits)
- STC 508A Science and Technology of Consciousness: Principles of Success in Personal and Professional Life (1 cr)
- MGT 5120 Business Law and Government Regulations (4 cr)
- MGT 5342 Human Resource Management (4 cr)
- MGT 5820 Leadership and Management (2 cr)
- MGT 5821 Leadership and Teamwork (1 cr)
- MGT 5828 Communication Skills for Managers (2 cr)
- MGT 5829 Culture and Conflict Resolution (2 cr)
- MGT 5831 Negotiation in the Workplace (2 cr)
- MGT 5832 Mediation (2 cr)
- MGT 5834 Conflict Resolution in Teams (2 cr)
- MGT 5835 Organizations Design to Minimize Conflict (2 cr)
- MGT 5836 Difficult People and Difficult Conversations (2 cr)
- MGT 5837 Transformational Coaching (2 cr)
- MGT 5838 Capstone Project in Workplace Conflict Resolution (2 cr)
Though the required courses fulfill all the requirements for the degree, some students might transfer some graduate credit and thereby waive a required course in the program. Others may want to take some extra credits while finishing out their final semester.
Elective courses may also be taken from the Online MBA program with the consent of one’s advisor. Elective courses may be taken outside the College of Business at the graduate level up to a limit of 4 credits.
The following are a few electives that might be useful for those taking this degree:
- MGT 5820 Management and Organization (4 cr)
- FOR 423 Team Building and Performance (1–2 cr)
- MGT 5990 Directed Study (1–4 cr)
Students who have taken graduate course work in business administration at another university and have not used those credits for a degree may apply to have up to 10 credits count as electives toward the MA, subject to approval by the Program Director.